Kapton Drive Belts
Kapton belts are now available through us.
- The price is $85.00
- These belts are 46″ in circumference, 3/8″ wide, and .003″ thick.
- These belts are seamless (no splice)
Suppliers of Seamless Kapton Belts:
If you require a belt with different dimensions from our standard belt, some of these suppliers may be able to produce them for you in smaller quantities.
In order to produce an endless (spliceless) Kapton belt, they are “spun” on a mandrel, and because of setup costs, purchasing in quantities of one or two will be significantly higher than our pricing for the standard size belts provided by us.
Feel free to contact us.
Megadyne (formerly Belt Corporation of America)
Phone: (888) 385-3207
Address: 253 Castleberry Industrial Dr.,Cumming, GA 30040
Belting Industries – Dave Fiore
Phone: (800) THE-BELT ext. 131
Phone: (908) 272-8591 ext. 131
Address: Belting Industries Co., Inc., 20 Boright Ave., Kenilworth, NJ 07033
Making Your Own Belts:
It’s always a good idea to periodically challenge your assumptions. Spoiler alert! Rigid belts continue to prevail. We documented it in this blog post.
Links to suppliers of Mylar have expired, and we have removed them. If you’d like to fabricate your own spliced belt, search for:
- “Recording Supplies”, “Tape Editing Supplies”, etc. to find splicing tape and splicing blocks (plain “Scotch Tape” will do in a pinch).
- 1/2″ recording tape, 1/2″ recording tape leader, or VCR cassettes.
- “Band Supplies” for holographic Mylar belts (unlikely to find any).
Stephen Robinson put together a nice description of how to splice tape without the use of a splicing block. Since it was created in PowerPoint, we’ve converted it to PDF format. click here to download the pdf.
Music Technology Tape Splicing Guide click here to download the pdf.