The Stelvio name has been reserved for our no-compromise turntable – the application of everything we’ve learned about vibration control, incorporating principles of mass, damping, and state of the art materials, including the strategic use of aluminum, brass, lead, and carbon fiber.
The Stelvio customer in the continental United States and Canada receives a personal, in-home setup and mentoring session from Galibier.
All Galibiers are proudly made in the United States, where we monitor and control every step of the manufacturing process. Click the tabs below for specification details.
The Drive System – click photo for more details.
- High torque motor enables use of wider pulley.
- Wider pulley provides better belt traction.
- Single motor, because if you couldn’t get it right with one, what makes you think you can get it right with two?
The Galiber Bearing – click photo for more details.
In our 15 years of development and refinement, we haven’t been able to improve on the basic design. It’s a simple, well executed design and manufactured to aerospace tolerances.
- Tolerances so fine, that individual matching must be performed.
- Large diameter (.800″) spindle for ultimate rigidity.
- Self-damped by inner damping chamber.
The Stelvio-II TPI © Platter – click photo for more details.
- Composite construction, incorporating aluminum, lead, oil, brass, and carbon fiber.
- 44 pound weight with a 17 pound inner brass layer
- Internal damping chambers (lead and oil).
- 1/4″ thick, carbon fiber, TPI © top layer
Arm Mounting – click photo for more details.
The vibration story doesn’t end with the base. After 10 years of development and refinement, we have taken the pivoting armboard architecture to its logical end point.
With the debut of the Stelvio-II, you’ll find arm mounts on sliding tracks with micro, fine-adjust pivot to spindle capability.
- Pivot to spindle distance can be repeatably set to .001″ precision.
- Adjusts on sliding tracks, with fine, vernier control.
- All of the tonearm mounting flexibility of pivoting armboards, with the inherent stability of a fixed mount.
- Option of using one or two tonearms.
Dual Tonearm Capability:
- Modular approach – capable of mounting two, 12 inch (310mm) tonearms.
- Modular design – either arm wing can be removed, for a single tonearm configuration.
Free-standing Front Pillar:
- Discourages moving your hand under the headshell – reducing the risk of cantilever damage.
- Provides an anchor point for those who prefer to manually cue their records.
- Movable, so you can position it properly for any length tonearm.
The Stelvio Base and Vibration Sinking:
The base has a complex matrix of damping channels which form a two-way vibration sink: protecting the bearing from stand and shelf borne vibration, and draining any spurious vibration transmitted through the platter and into the bearing.
$27, 750 Complete
Additional armboards: $725
- In-home setup in Continental US and parts of Canada.
- Crystal River power cable for the power supply – because the Stelvio deserves nothing less
- $750 travel rebate if you visit Galibier to audition and purchase a Stelvio within one year of your visit.
- Free cables: apply the price paid for up to three Galibier cables purchased during our Spring cable launch toward your Stelvio turntable (offer valid within one year of cable purchase).
Corona virus update – Spring, 2020: we’re temporarily suspending customer visits during this trying period.
For those of you who have purchased from us and are owed a setup, we’ll work with you to re-schedule your visit or if you prefer, issue you a rebate.
Thanks for working with us to limit the spread of this virus during a period which is disruptive for all of us.