Speaker – Wind River
The NiWatt amplifiers showed us the way. They are extremely revealing, and every speaker cable we tried had some sort of flaw. The NiWatts are truth-tellers.
During prototyping, we evaluated the Wind River cables in low and medium efficiency systems. We made minor adjustments, and are comfortable in saying that these cables have near-universal compatibility. Here’s a bit of background on their development.
Every pair of NiWatt amplifiers sold will be delivered with a single wire set of these cables (biwire optional).
- 9 gauge, tinned copper (no, it’s not Duelund – we manufacture the wire to our specifications)
- Gold plated copper Furutech FT-211(G) spade lugs. Furutech FT-212(G) Bananas are optional
- Cotton sleeving for best dielectric performance
- Click the “Technical” link (thumbnail, below) for more details
Introductory Pricing for single run with either Furutech FT-211(G) spade lugs or FT-212(G) bananas:
- 4 feet: $995
- 6 feet: $1,095
- 8 feet: $1,195
- longer lengths available (inquire)
Banana Plugs – Furutech FT-212(G):
While the ETI bananas are very good, they could not accommodate our 9 gauge cable.
The Furutechs are every bit as good as the ETI bananas and have the added bonus of a secure and easily handled locking mechanism.
Our general recommendation is to run separate speaker cables for flexibility:
- One set terminated with spades at both ends
- The second set employing a half set of bananas – terminated with bananas at the amplifier end and spades at the speaker end