Audiodesk Vinylcleaner Pro – $2,395
Shown here is a stock photo. The actual unit is black.
We’ve cleaned 135 records with this (plus or minus a few). The stickers we place on album jackets helps us keep count.
Free, with Every Vinylcleaner Pro:
With every new Vinyl Cleaner Pro sold, we’re offering a free Fall River power cable (introductory pricing for these cables is $675).
Our new line of power cables won’t get your records any cleaner, but we’re confident they’ll find a home in your system. We’re very proud of these cables and want to get the word out with both this giveaway as well as introductory pricing. We’re confident you’ll be back for more. These cables compete with cables costing many multiples of our asking price.
Upgrade to our ETI connector version for $300.
How can we do this? We can either put this cost into direct advertising, or alternatively, gift them to you. We’ve found word of mouth to be the best advertising.
Serac Turntable $2,750 with standard (Astron) power supply
We received a matched Serac platter and bearing set in trade from a customer who is upgrading to a Gavia platter / bearing. All of our platters are matched to their own bearings.
The photos shown are of a previous build as well as a build in progress (before the base was painted).
We have some left over bases and one Serac motor pod, and we will build you a Serac as follows:
- The bearing is in “as new” condition. It has been inspected and the thrust ball has been upgraded to our 2019, ceramic bearing. A new thrust pad was fit to the bearing.
- All aluminum parts are either new (armboard, front pillar, motor pod top plate) or will be re-polished (motor pod).
- The platter has been lovingly cared for and is in new cosmetic condition.
- This turntable will include our 2019 drive system. This is the identical drive system fit to our Gavia and Stelvio turntables.
- The base will be painted standard black.
- A blank mk-I armboard will be drilled for the tonearm of your choosing. Contact us for specifics and compatibility (the armboard can be drilled for most tonearms including most 12″ arms).
- A mk 1.5 (sliding) armboard can be specified for an additional $475.00
- The standard power supply is by Astron. We highly recommend the Teddy Pardo supply, and we can walk you through the differences. You can purchase the “Teddy” directly from him and we will credit you $80 if you opt for the Teddy Pardo.
The Serac may be our greatest technical achievement and biggest commercial flop. We put all of our r&d into performance, and compromised on cosmetics to deliver it at its price point.
In retrospect, we realized that the market preferred a bit more cosmetics, but we could have never delivered so much sound at this price point if we had done so.
Add an Artisan (Jelco SA-250) tonearm for an additional $375.
DIY-er’s special: paint the base yourself and save $250.
On average, we receive one or two Serac platter / bearing sets annually in trade from customers upgrading to a Gavia platter / bearing set.
We’ve been building Seracs with the few Serac bases we’ve kept on hand. This may be the last Serac we release as the motor pod is the sole remaining one. While we may release future Seracs with Gavia motor pods, the price would have to increase by $500 to cover machining expenses.
Put this into perspective: our customers are paying $1,295 to upgrade to this identical drive system on their Stelvio and Gavia turntables – a drive system which we’re proud of specifying for these 5-figure turntables and which competes against cost no object turntables.
For an additional $1,450, you’re getting an entire turntable with the same bearing we specify for the Gavia and Stelvio turntables.
Gavia / Stelvio Drive System – DIY-er’s Special
We received a turntable in trade and the motor pod suffered some minor shipping damage (not visible when viewed from the front).
The right owner can have this motor pod + our soon to be released 2019 drive update for $1,395. We normally charge $1,295 for the drive system update (without motor pod).
The centerline of the drive belt is 4.5″ above the turntable shelf. On the bottom, are 3, 1/4-20 threaded holes to which you can affix either spikes or a hardwood “riser” should you have a taller turntable.
Add a Kapton drive belt ($80) and power supply, and you have a Stelvio-class drive system. Contact us for details. The photos below were taken to document the shipping damage to the original owner. We can shoot a front view should you be interested in this.
Click thumbnail photos for larger view:
Mark 1.5 Gavia – $$$ sold $$$
We left this link up to give you an idea of some of our trade-ins.
It’s the rare individual who sees fit to upgrade from a Gavia to a Stelvio turntable, and on average, we receive perhaps one Gavia in trade per year.
This turntable has been re-manufactured to “as new” condition:
- It has been fit with our new, 2019 drive system.
- We re-machined the base to accommodate our Mk 1.5 armboards.
- The Mk 1.5 armboard was re-drilled for a Kuzma 4Point tonearm.
- It has our new “default” finish – matte silver.
- This turntable is functionally identical in performance to the Mark-II Gavia, apart from being limited to a single arm.
- A new Gavia platter & bearing has been fit to this turntable.
- In other words, all moving parts are new and the chassis components (base, motor pod, front pillar) have been refinished to “as new” condition.