New items arrive on a regular basis. Check back for updates.
Click links in bullet points below to scroll directly to an item of interest:
Galibier Wind River Speaker Cable Prototypes
These 12 gauge cables are the final copper litz cable prototypes we built. Yes, our final production cables are better, but when auditioning these prototypes, they held their own against cables in the $1,200 to $2,000 price class – specifically, cables from Auditorium 23 as well as Nördost Freys.
All of these cables come with:
- 100% satisfaction guarantee (return within 30 days for full credit – you pay return shipping).
- Apply full purchase price credit toward a trade-in for any production cable we produce – within two years of your purchase.
Lengths and termination:
- 4 feet – $50.00. These have Cardas spades. The rhodium has been stripped off, and the exposed copper has been polished.
- 8 feet – $100.00. These have our silver over copper spade lugs which (along with Furtech) are our connectors of choice.
- 24.5 feet – $225.00. These also have our silver over copper spade lugs.
Serac Turntable $2,750 with standard (Astron) power supply
We received a matched Serac platter and bearing set in trade from a customer who is upgrading to a Gavia platter / bearing. All of our platters are matched to their own bearings.
The photos shown are of a previous build as well as a build in progress (before the base was painted).
We have some left over bases and one Serac motor pod, and we will build you a Serac as follows:
- The bearing is in “as new” condition. It has been inspected and the thrust ball has been upgraded to our 2019, ceramic bearing. A new thrust pad was fit to the bearing.
- All aluminum parts are either new (armboard, front pillar, motor pod top plate) or will be re-polished (motor pod).
- The platter has been lovingly cared for and is in new cosmetic condition.
- This turntable will include our 2019 drive system. This is the identical drive system fit to our Gavia and Stelvio turntables.
- The base will be painted standard black.
- A blank mk-I armboard will be drilled for the tonearm of your choosing. Contact us for specifics and compatibility (the armboard can be drilled for most tonearms including most 12″ arms).
- A mk 1.5 (sliding) armboard can be specified for an additional $475.00
- The standard power supply is by Astron. We highly recommend the Teddy Pardo supply, and we can walk you through the differences. You can purchase the “Teddy” directly from him and we will credit you $80 if you opt for the Teddy Pardo.
The Serac may be our greatest technical achievement and biggest commercial flop. We put all of our r&d into performance, and compromised on cosmetics to deliver it at its price point.
In retrospect, we realized that the market preferred a bit more cosmetics, but we could have never delivered so much sound at this price point if we had done so.
Add an Artisan (Jelco SA-250) tonearm for an additional $375.
DIY-er’s special: paint the base yourself and save $250.
On average, we receive one or two Serac platter / bearing sets annually in trade from customers upgrading to a Gavia platter / bearing set.
We’ve been building Seracs with the few Serac bases we’ve kept on hand. This may be the last Serac we release as the motor pod is the sole remaining one. While we may release future Seracs with Gavia motor pods, the price would have to increase by $500 to cover machining expenses.
Put this into perspective: our customers are paying $1,295 to upgrade to this identical drive system on their Stelvio and Gavia turntables – a drive system which we’re proud of specifying for these 5-figure turntables and which competes against cost no object turntables.
For an additional $1,450, you’re getting an entire turntable with the same bearing we specify for the Gavia and Stelvio turntables.
Gavia / Stelvio Drive System – DIY-er’s Special
We received a turntable in trade and the motor pod suffered some minor shipping damage (not visible when viewed from the front).
The right owner can have this motor pod + our soon to be released 2019 drive update for $1,395. We normally charge $1,295 for the drive system update (without motor pod).
The centerline of the drive belt is 4.5″ above the turntable shelf. On the bottom, are 3, 1/4-20 threaded holes to which you can affix either spikes or a hardwood “riser” should you have a taller turntable.
Add a Kapton drive belt ($80) and power supply, and you have a Stelvio-class drive system. Contact us for details. The photos below were taken to document the shipping damage to the original owner. We can shoot a front view should you be interested in this.
Click thumbnail photos for larger view:
Mark 1.5 Gavia – $$$ sold $$$
It’s the rare individual who sees fit to upgrade from a Gavia to a Stelvio turntable, and on average, we receive perhaps one Gavia in trade per year.
This turntable has been re-manufactured to “as new” condition:
- It has been fit with our new, 2019 drive system.
- We re-machined the base to accommodate our Mk 1.5 armboards.
- The Mk 1.5 armboard was re-drilled for a Kuzma 4Point tonearm.
- It has our new “default” finish – matte silver.
- This turntable is functionally identical in performance to the Mark-II Gavia, apart from being limited to a single arm.
- A new Gavia platter & bearing has been fit to this turntable.
- In other words, all moving parts are new and the chassis components (base, motor pod, front pillar) have been refinished to “as new” condition.
Various Setup Tools
- SmartTractor alignment gauge – $250 (MSRP: $649) $$$ sold $$$
- Sutherland Timeline – $150 (out of production – MSRP was $400) $$$ sold $$
- KAB Speed Strobe – $45 (MSRP: $110)
- Rega Atlas Stylus Gauge – $99 (MSRP: $249) $$$ sold $$$
- Dino-Lite 7915MZT USB Microscope – $250 (MSRP: $1,000) $$$ sold $$$
Click the thumbnail photos for expanded view, and contact Michael to purchase (email@example.com).